Richard Berry Photography's Fan Box

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas to you and yours

Well, it's Christmas Eve. A very special time, and this year is one of the best I've ever had. My children are all here (some are asleep now); my parents are coming in tomorrow; I'm warming my feet by a nice space heater as I write this.

There's a fierce game of Monopoly going on upstairs (which bankrupted me first); we had a wonderful time of reading the Christmas story of the three magi (or wise men) in Matthew 2, followed by some extended carol singing.

Hot chocolate with marshmallows, some "puppy chow," and some Harry and David pears were consumed (rather greedily, I might add).

All this is because of the blessings of our Savior. Every gift we give is a shadow of the greatest gift of all, given some 2,000 years ago. The gifts of the magi were to foreshadow His role as Prophet, Priest, and King.

As we reflect on the gift that is offered, His assurance of eternal life, I want to wish you and your family warmest wishes for a wonderful celebration of Christ's birth. May you and yours be happy and fulfilled this season. This has been one of our best Christmases ever; may it be so for you.

-Richard

No comments: