Richard Berry Photography's Fan Box

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What do YOU think?

For a long time, I've done photo restoration for my own use and the use of my family. I would often take a torn, scratched, or folded photo, and by the time I was done, I can make it look pretty pristine. For example:



After working on it:




There was a lot of damage to this nearly-50-year-old photo: Obviously it had lost most of its color tone; there was a lot of lost of surface on the photo, which became very apparent after I corrected and enhanced the colors; I was able to sharpen it up.

Other photos have been far more damaged, although I don't have examples of that right now.

So my question: would YOU be interested in such a service? I'm not asking someone to make a commitment; I'm just testing the waters.

Comments?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a great job, Richard. I occasionally get inquiries about this, and I'll steer them your way now (it's not something I've played with at all).

Thanks again for the plug for ArtSmith Photography and Su Casa Studio a couple blogs back! I hope to see you at our Open House on Sunday (12/7) from 3-7 PM.

Oh, was that another shameless plug? ;)

Richard said...

Thanks Art! Look forward to your Open House