Richard Berry Photography's Fan Box

Friday, October 3, 2008

New Camera!

Well, I'm stoked. I just got the new camera we've been waiting for. A Canon 50D is now in my grubby little hands, and I'm itching to seriously start using it.

When I looked at one of my memory cards I was putting into the camera, I found some images from my old camera, and it came back to me again: it's not the camera, but the photographer. My previous camera, while getting a few years on it, was still capable of putting out some outstanding images (virtually all the images on the website are from that camera). Whether a photo was a winner or not still was up to me.

Still, I'm going out tonight to a concert by the Del McCoury band, and I'll try the new camera. I'll know more when I get done.

UPDATE: Well, I had a good shoot, and learned a lot. I've created a Panorama that was shot at extremely high sensitivity (for those who care, ISO 6400). Very neat stuff. After my previous camera, which was nice, this is a major jump. Shooting with this camera is just a joy.

The photos are on photos.RichardBerry.org, under special events. Take a look!

UPDATE #2: My daughter, who is training as a second shooter, and I went back out to the festival tonight to shoot. Again, I'm so impressed with this camera! Very well sorted, nice balance, quick performance. It will be a pleasure to use this one! I'll soon have more photos of the festival up on the website.

No comments: